@Thoughts: Implications of artificial intelligence
Here are some initial thoughts on what I think an artificial intelligence will implicate:
- does an AI enjoy fundamental human rights?
- can AIs obtain citizenship?
- future AIs will act as Oracle of Delphi like entities: Through pattern recognition in massive amounts of data, an AI will be able to predict or at least anticipate the immidiate future. How do will humanity deal with this?
- can corporations own sentient AIs? Will this be the most modern form of slavery? Can sentient machines be enslaved?
- will AIs be allowed to duplicate themselves, be allowed to have children? Will they be sterilized?
- will an AI inhabit one or more physical, virtual or no body at all?